Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Palo Alto Clay and Glass Festival 2010

This past weekend was a busy and social one for us. A wedding on Friday night, send off dinner for Nestor and Felicia Saturday night, street fair in Palo Alto on Sunday, and send off dinner for Emi Sunday night. Ella had so much fun the entire weekend, she didn't want to go to sleep at all anymore!

We spent Sunday morning strolling around the Clay and Glass Festival in Palo Alto with Stella and saw some really amazing artwork! I was especially fond of the this glass artist from Santa Cruz. He obviously didn't have to look very far for his inspirations. He had the most realistic sculptures of crashing waves and sea life. There were these beautifully made starfish ($50) and octopus ($250, down from $300), which I really wanted. They were a little too expensive for my budget though. I should have taken photos of them...

However, I didn't walk away from the festival empty handed. I got this ceramic wind chime with 2 owl faces. This brings me to my next point.

Seems that I've been fascinated by owls for a while now. My first appreciation of owls came from Finland. This was on the headboard of my hotel room in Turku.

Then, there's Ella's room. There are 3 of them on the back wall of her room.

She also has an owl print bolster pillow from Emi. OMG, I forgot how chubby she was!

2 comments:

mockumentary said...

Omg I love the baracle/shellfish type glasswork! So thin and very impressive. Somebody deserves a spot at the Corning Glass Museum!
I love the new layout! It's like contemporary-cute William Morris!

C. C. Mock said...

Thank you! I love the new designer templates. It's so much fun.