Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Boston Rendezvous with EMI

Emily and I met up in Boston this past weekend while I was there for work. It was a much needed little R&R session and a great inspirational reboot trip! Found tons of ideas and inspirations for projects!

We started off in Cambridge on Friday night at Bob Slate Stationer. LOVE that place! I first found it a couple of years ago wondering around Harvard Square, and knew Emi would love it just as much as I did. Found a couple of treasure there: a set of greeting cards featuring Faerie Houses by Sally J. Smith, and One Line A Day -- a five year memory book.

Then we passed by this absolutely darling shoe cobbler shop with original Art Nouveau store front.

Saturday morning we started off in Beacon Hill. I would love to live there someday...
The last time I was there, it was Spring and all the window boxes displayed beautiful blooms while all the trees had pretty little pink and white flowers. This time around it's winter, but Bostonian kept their window boxes filled with colorful evergreen, willow, and dogwood branches.


We shopped along Charles Street all morning. Bought stamps and cards and jewelry and .... A couple of the shops were painted in my new favorite color, Tiffany Blue.


We found this little Boutique called Holiday, which is just like Ambiance!

One of the shop girls designs dresses for the shop as well. This little piece is one of her designs. It's simplicity, flirtiness, elegance, and style all rolled into 1. There were so many things I wanted to buy, but not enough $$$ to buy the entire store... We also found some super easy and cute little girl dresses at another store. They are similar to the dress below, kind of a sack and ribbon dress. Just like the one I made for Katie for Christmas. Took some pictures of those dresses. Can't wait to start on them. Ella and I will have some coordinating Sack-n-Ribbon dresses!!!!

We finally made our way to Anthropologie in the afternoon and spent a good chunk of time there. That place is the ultimate destination for inspirations! Emi requested that I share this photo, so here it is!

Finally, our day had to come to an end, but it was one of the greatest shopping days in a LONG LONG time. At least for me. Thanks Mei Mei!

After I dropped her off at the South Station, I found this cemetary in the middle of the financial district. Many of America's forefathers were buried here, but I didn't have too much time to search the tombstones for names. Had to get to the airport to go home and see my little chunky.

I just have to make it through this week and I'll have a whole week off to relax and craft. Stay tuned for the Mommy and baby dresses :-)

1 comment:

mockumentary said...

Aw man I can't believe the One Line a Day memory book is only $12 on Amazon! Although it might be well worth the extra $5 to have it in hand...:)
It was among my best shopping experiences ever! I only wish I had worn some Wolky shoes as well!
Let's make those one-shoulder dresses, but in A-line!